Friday 20 February 2009

Give your stress wings and let it fly away. ~Carin Hartness

Fridays. For me they are the small-town equivalent of the New Year. They give you the opportunity to put your week behind you and start focusing on something new.
This week, I welcome Friday with open arms!

“By Friday my brain is full, it hurts, and it has stopped functioning correctly since sometime last Wednsday. So, at that point, I don't want to think anymore, communicate clearly to anyone, or be nice anymore to anyone related to my job. It's possible that a four day work week would solve this problem.” Owen J. McClain


Tomorrow is my house-mate's birthday but as he is being treated to football match and then a pub crawl in East London, tonight we are celebrating in the house..

Stu has not been the most fortunate healthwise, infact - quite the opposite. For him a birthday is not simply another year older, it is another year that he is thankful for.

I read somewhere that the key to feeling better about yourself is to help others - I also think that this can be achieved by taking inspiration from those who have had a far worse time of it than ourselves. It allows us to get a glimpse of a happier and more fulfilled life where the simple things are what truly count. I love and respect Stu for this.

So, to follow on with the Friday feeling here are my plans for the next four weekends!

Week 1 My mum is coming to visit from Scotland.
I'm really excited about this. I've been very down for a while now and there is nothing like your mum when those moods take over you.

Week 2 Going to visit my Dad in the north of England.
I don't know how to feel about this. I really am looking forward to seeing him but I have only seen him four times in about 14 years... I would be lying if I said I was not nervous.

Week 3 - Going to Scotland.
My Grandpa will be turning 80! The whole family will be there and we're throwing a big party in his nursing home. I'm so looking forward to this.

Week 4 - Irish man is coming to visit.
My thoughts on this whole situation have changed quite dramatically. I'm no longer as excited as I was but I wont go into too much details here.


By this point, my house-mates Fiona and Stu will have moved out and back to Australia.

In the very short time I have known Fiona she has shown me that it is OK to take a break and relax for a while. Nowadays I'm living more of a party lifestyle than I did while at Uni where I worked my ass off, ran myself into the ground and didn't party anywhere near as much as the stereotypical student. And guess what... I'm really enjoying myself! Every weekend Fiona and I seem to head out with the intention of 1 bottle of wine... every weekend Fiona and I consume far more than 1 and end up in a state like this:



Never a pretty sight!

Even so I really appreciate this. I feel as though I'm having fun! Having a really great time and living life. I'm not too sure what I'll do when she leaves, but I know I'll be gutted.

So here is to Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment