Monday 23 February 2009

“Men play the game; women know the score” Roger Woddis

Men baffle me. I am truly bewildered as to how their minds work. Being the proactive person that I am, I have endeavored to discover more about the male mind, refusing to believe that an entire species can be both so complex and lets be honest... so simple at the same time.

“See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.”
Robin Williams

When I was in Scotland I was in an almost sickeningly happy relationship with the most sweet young man who promptly developed the bravery of a mouse when I realised I would have to relocate for work. This is fair as I could not ask him to commit when he clearly did not want to but I think I would have received a more pleasant reaction if I had told him I was radioactive. I may add here that this lovely young man is now seeing someone I used to babysit...

“When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking.”
Elayne Boosler

After living in London for just over a month I met the lovely Mr X. We did and still do spend a lot of time together. We have kissed a couple of times but after discussing the situation we decided staying friends was the better option. This was ideal for me, having just came out of a relationship I certainly did not want another one, but I can say it was him who made the actual decision - basically he said the words "I think we're better as just friends". Marvelous. Now that is the kind of communication I find easy to understand and we have been great friends since.

So I then take up the invitation visit Irishman, a fantastic person who seems relatively easy to understand - other than the fact he is 30 and has never had a relationship that has lasted over 3 months, although I am aware he has had plenty of offers (alarm bells? No.) We have a fantastic weekend, he schedules a trip to see me and we chat every couple of days. Nothing serious, nothing full on, just enjoying each others company. Superb.

THEN after I have had one too many glasses of wine the lovely Mr X decides to say this to me: "actually, I think I have been a total eejit and that we should be together" and think to myself that its probably not the best time to say "erm, yeah I know your the loveliest person I have met since arriving in London and I know we have kissed a few times but I have an Irishman coming to see me".

“Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they've had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon.”
Anon


I only want to be friends with Mr X, I have considered it and discussed it at length with a friend who also knows Mr X and is telling me that he will be very hurt when he finds out about Irish.

Men... I do not think I will ever understand the way their minds work

No comments:

Post a Comment