Friday 23 January 2009

“If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies” Anon

I feel like I should move onto another subject rather than just lack of social network a more positive part of my life - my career.

To sum up the past few years:

  • I love live music,
  • I started running gigs,
  • I started running tours,
  • I left uni and took my lovely little business seriously
  • It didn’t work out – I worked in the pharmacy (while still running the gigs)
  • I applied for a music business job and was offered it.
  • In 3 very short weeks I quit my job, left my company and got my ass to London.

Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer

Since working for this fantastic company, I have received more experience than I could have imagined and have been given far more responsibility than I wanted !

Since being here, my career aspirations have changed. I now want to work for a political organisation.

As a very politically minded person anyway and completely aware of how politics affects our everyday lives, I feel that I want to get right in there, and help ‘fix’ the music biz in some small, most likely pathetic kind of way!

I love my job, I love this company and I love it ‘style’. Yes, this company does definitely have style. I’m so proud to be a part of the company and I’m lucky in the respect that I am being given more responsibility every week.

I have went from working in Scottish live music scene to working in the UK recorded sector assisting in dealing with International and Legal. I am also CEO’s personal assistant that is far better than I could have imagined.

Alison (the CEO) is the person who provides the company with style. There is never any b*llsh*t with her, she never shows off, she really doesn’t care what people think of her or the company, but she genuinely cares about the independent music business and effortlessly deals with a massive work load and the pressure of her position as one of the very few high standing female experts in the sector. To top it all off, she a is truly lovely woman!

My job is great. No doubt about it. I am learning more everyday and gradually getting to grips with politics and the music business on a national and European level, which will hopefully assist me in getting another job in 8 months time when my contract here is finished.

Fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back girly girl. Missed you. Although there are times where you will feel lost, just breathe and know that you are you...wherever you may be! (And all these adventures and experiences are just adding to who you are and what you bring not only to the employment table..but life!) :)

    I'm glad to see you back and blogging!

    ReplyDelete